Sunday, June 22, 2008

009.

Last Wednesday I bought a pair of shoes (the Berlin by Star Ling). I am so excited; they're my first pair of 'grown up' shoes, and I think they're a good investment. The leather is so soft, and I love the cut of the heel strap--it's so sensual (for lack of a better word).

When I realized I have never walked with them on hard ground, I started wondering if they're a soft heel or hard. Most people wear rubber-soled shoes everyday (especially on a college campus), so their footprints, while noticeable, are not as pronounced as Foley artists make them seem in movies. Hard-soled heels, however, can make an incredible racket (especially in a tunnel or between to tall buildings when the sound reverberates). Whenever I wear my boots I can just feel everyone staring, wondering why that girl is calling attention to herself through sound. (Consequently, I never wear those boots when I know I'll be walking alone at night.)

Sometimes the uniformity (and utter lack of ability to think of anything but) in the way people dress astounds me.

No comments: