Thursday, June 12, 2008

005.

It always makes sense in theory, but the idea of getting inspiration for the way one dresses from a book or movie always baffles me in practice. Well, it did. Now I understand it.

Take, for instance, the season two finale of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Drusilla, Spike and Angel are all wearing black and red (oooh, how very vampire of them). And Buffy always wears cross necklaces, as any Slayer should.

I found my own cross necklace (which I previously would never wear because I hate the connotations it has with girls who wear them but don't act Christlike) and started wearing it because fandom is cool. I bought a red dress at Nordstrom Rack the other day, and wore that with the cross and black tights. Voila, instant outfit inspiration. And it didn't feel costumey or dorky or forced.

I suppose it's like watching Gossip Girl and wearing a headband, only applied to more clothing.

No comments: