Thursday, September 11, 2008

028.

It's been hideously long since I updated, I know. I've been meaning to, but slipped back into the trap that is thinking-it-makes-it-so. Avoiding that trap was the reason I started this blog in the first place...so. There you go.

I think I'm going to follow Gala Darling's lead and celebrate a Things I Love Thursday.



» Good days. Y'know, the ones where even when things go wrong, you have an underlying sense of rightness and joy. The can never come often enough.

» Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Of all the tv shows I never thought I'd enjoy, this show has been amazing. From Joss Whedon's amazing stories (and wit) to the great characters, costumes and actors, this show is a joy to watch. And think about.

» Fancy dinner parties. My friend Biscuit and I have decided to have bi-monthly fancy dress dinners. Our first was tonight, although it was a bit more casual, talking around her 1890's dining table over pasta and salad. Here's to many more dinners like this.

» Summer-turning-into-fall. The leaves are tinged with red, burning bushes are starting to smolder, mornings have that bit of chill: it's almost autumn!

» Reading until one falls asleep. It's such a lovely feeling.

» Bluegrass. For being appropriate for nearly every occasion.

» Natural peanut butter with a touch of honey. Such a delicious snack.

» New York Fashion Week. Even though I'm super-behind on all the shows, I love the excitement that surrounds this week, and all the ideas it brings. I'm most excited for Paris Fashion Week, though, with Alexander McQueen's show.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yay for TiLT!

Bi-monthly fancy dress dinners sound awesome (I'm assuming this was the epic plan you mentioned on Twitter?). :D The idea is so awesome, that I might just swipe it and do something similar with my roommies...

Hear hear about autumn coming. Can't wait for it to get a bit colder, so I can bust out my fall clothes, and find excuses to wear scarves and sip on steaming cups of spiced hot chocolate. :D

Ooh, I have yet to fall asleep to reading (outside of an academic context, haha). :)

New York Fashion Week! I like the excitement and the buzz as well, although like you, I'm way behind on all the shows. European fashion shows will always be more exciting than American ones, I feel. Europe's just on a completely different level when it comes to fashion.