Tuesday, July 22, 2008

013.

There is nothing that will inspire more fear in me than the words 'graduate school.' Seriously. Every time I think about applying, or even taking the GREs, or even considering what I should study, my heart starts beating faster, I get super-nervous and I can't shake the feeling that I'll never get in.

The stupidest part is I know that I'm the type of student that should go to grad school no questions asked. High school was a breeze, I'm one of the best students at my college, top academic scholarship, double majoring blah blah blah. Hell, I'm one of the Honors program director's favorite students. I eat school for breakfast. But I can't shake the feeling that I'm not prepared for grad school; I'll never get in; I won't be prepared for the classes; I'm just an amateur and am not sophisticated/worldly/well-read/fluent in three languages enough.

But this is what I need to do. I am worth grad school. I will pwn grad school.

Right? Right.

No comments: